Posted by Celia Biggs / 9 May 2018
The Salvation Army building is currently under construction.
Key drivers for the design of this project included:
- Being a good neighbour within the community
- Interfacing with residential properties and providing appropriate pedestrian scale at street level
- Providing a building that was transparent with active edges to the street frontages
- Ensuring that people can flow through from each space to provide good connections within this community
- Providing a safe environment with the facility both internally and externally
- Providing a fitting streetscape that contributes to Newtowns character
- Being warm and welcoming.